Join us the 3rd Sunday of each month for a pop-up CIDER tasting at Watershed Pub & Kitchen. We’ll be featuring bottle pours and tasting flights of craft, small-batch ciders. Each month will feature a new theme, and we're kicking the series off July 16th with a special Pink Drink Week edition. A delicious and fun way to learn more about all things cider!
Cider Pop-Up Schedule:
Sunday, August 20th: Beat the heat with a series of crushable summer ciders, with a very fun and unique duos of cider! We're pouring two ciders, and each of their Ciderkins (read more about Ciderkins in our blog post here). Special bottle pours will include:
- Barmann Cellars - Bambooze Cider
- Barmann Cellars - Off Leash Poubelle: A Ciderkin made by rehydrating the leftover apple pomace from the making of Bambooze Cider. Low ABV, tart, a touch of funk, and highly crushable.
- Pet Project - Golden Russet Single-Varietal Cider: This cider bursts with tropcial notes. Fool your hazy IPA loving friends with this beauty in a blind taste test and blow their mind when you tell them it's made from nothing but apples, and a single variety of apples at that.
- Pet Project - Ciderkin: a blend of Ciderkin from the pomace of the Golden Russet cider, and piquette wines from their wine program. Deliciously refreshing.
Future Pop-Up Dates:
- Sunday, September 17th: Theme and Cider selection TBD
- Sunday, October 15th: Theme and Cider selection TBD
Where: Watershed Pub & Kitchen in Seattle's Northgate neighborhood. Across the parking lot from the Northgate Link Lightrail Station. Address: 10104 3rd Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125
Past CIder Tasting Themes:
Sunday, July 16th: Celebrate Watershed's annual Pink Drink week with a flight of Rosé ciders. We'll be pouring a range of pink colored ciders ranging from dry to sweet. Learn about red-fleshed apples, single-varietal red-fleshed ciders, and the difference in process and flavor profile between co-ferments and fruit-flavored ciders. Special bottle pours will include:
- Alpenfire's Glow: best-in-class award winning Airlie Red single-varietal cider
- Dragon's Head Rose: a blend of two of our favorite red-flesh apple varities: Airlie Red and Redfield
- Bauman's Forbidden Fruit Rosé of Pinot Noir: a lovely co-ferment of traditional cider apples and Willamette Valley pinot noir grapes
- Finnriver Autumn's Blush: a semi-dry, tart delight made with cider apples and a kiss of black currants for extra flavor and that rosé glow